How Much Does Airport Parking Cost?By Melissa Ruiz | 2024
As a top airport parking reservation provider, we understand the importance of providing valuable information that helps travelers. In this article, we'll dive into airport parking costs, a crucial aspect often overlooked until the last minute. Whether you're a frequent flyer or planning a one-off trip, understanding airport parking costs is essential for budgeting and convenience.
Introduction to Airport Parking
Airport parking is an integral part of the travel experience. It offers travelers a place to securely leave their vehicles while they are away. With various options available, from short-term to long-term parking, understanding the costs involved is key to making an informed decision.
Types of Airport Parking
- Short-Term Parking: Ideal for those dropping off or picking up passengers. Typically located close to the terminal.
- Long-Term Parking: Best for travelers going on longer trips. These are usually a bit further from the terminal but are more cost-effective.
- Economy Lots: The most budget-friendly option, located further from the terminal with shuttle services.
- Valet Parking: Offers the convenience of dropping off your car at the terminal and having it parked for you.
Factors Influencing Parking Costs
- Duration of Stay: Longer stays generally attract lower daily rates.
- Location: Proximity to the terminal can increase the price.
- Type of Parking: Premium services like valet parking tend to be more expensive.
- Airport Location: Major airports in big cities might charge more due to higher demand.
- Time of Year: Prices can fluctuate during peak travel seasons.
Understanding Airport Parking Costs Across the U.S.
Airport parking costs vary significantly across different airports in the U.S. Here's a general overview to give you an idea:
Major U.S. Airports Parking Costs
Los Angeles International Airport (LAX): Short-term parking can range from $9 for the first hour to $60 per day in the central terminal area. Long-term parking averages around $20 per day in the economy lot.
Hartsfield-Jackson Atlanta International Airport (ATL): Daily rates in the economy lots are typically around $14, while parking closer to the terminal can cost up to $36 per day.
Chicago O'Hare International Airport (ORD): Economy parking averages $15 per day, with more expensive options available closer to the terminals at $42 per day.
Budgeting for Airport Parking
- Compare Prices: Use airport parking reservation websites to compare different parking options and prices.
- Book in Advance: Some airports offer discounts for pre-booking parking spaces.
- Consider Off-Site Parking: Off-site parking lots often provide competitive rates and shuttle services to the airport.
Additional Services and Fees
Be aware of additional services and fees that could affect the total cost:
- Overstay Fees: Staying beyond your booked time can incur extra charges.
- Premium Services: Services like car washes or oil changes while you park can add to the cost.
- Shuttle Services: Some off-site parking may include free shuttle service, adding value.
Understanding airport parking costs is a vital part of planning your travel. Prices vary depending on the airport, type of parking, and duration of stay. By researching in advance and considering various options, you can find a parking solution that fits your budget and convenience needs.
Remember, the right airport parking option can set the tone for a stress-free travel experience. To ensure you get the best deal for your airport parking, consider initiating a search on our airport parking page. A search on ParkON allows you to compare the prices, locations, and amenities of various airport parking options across major U.S. airports, helping you make an informed decision that suits your budget and needs.